To redirect a URL, first you will need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click on the 'Redirects' icon, which can be found in the Domains section of your cPanel home screen.
2. Select eitther Temporary or Permanent redirect.
Note: A temporary redirect will not update a visitors bookmarks, whereas a Permanent redirect will notify the visitor to update their bookmark.
3. Specify the URL you wish to redirect using the drop down box and text field.
Note: You can choose to redirect all domains by selecting 'All Public Domains' in the drop down.
4. Choose whether to redirect with or without the visitor adding the prefix www to the URL.
Note: Selecting 'only redirect with www' means only users who type www will be redirected, selecting 'redirect with or without www' means all users will be redirected, selecting 'do not redirect www' means user who type www will not be redirected.
5. Select the 'Wild Card Redirect' option if you want all files within a directory to redirect to the same filename in the new directory.
Example: If demo.com redirects to demo-new.com, then with Wild Card Redirect demo.com/images will redirect to demo-new.com/images.
6. Click the 'Add' button and your redirects will be saved and visible in the 'Current Redirects' field.
Note: You cannot edit a redirect, if you wish to then you need to delete and recreate it.